9 November 2021
As per the Queensland Government's Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, the following travel guidelines apply for Fraser Island:
• All travellers to Queensland are required to apply for a border declaration pass.
• From December 17th, Queensland borders will open, and in line with the Queensland Government's Public Health Measures, all guests over the age of 16, staying at Kingfisher Bay Resort or Eurong Beach Resort are required to be double vaccinated. This also applies to those embarking on guided tours/cruises, dining within food & beverage outlets, as well as all staff working at the property.
We recommend checking the latest government updates prior to travel.
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATES
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our first priority at all times, so please do not plan to travel to Fraser Island within 14 days of arriving from overseas, being diagnosed with Coronavirus, feeling unwell, or having been in close contact with a diagnosed case of Coronavirus.
We have implemented a COVID SAFE Plan across the entirety of our business operations on the island, and all team members have completed the COVID SAFE Training programs.
Specifically, we have implemented the following procedures across our business:
• Intensified Cleaning & Sanitation: In addition to the hygiene protocols in place, our team are using D4 Sanitiser designed for use against viral pathogens and hospital grade disinfectant for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and service areas.
• Modified Business Operations: We have adopted current industry best practice to restrict contact of items between guests, supply sanitisers in all areas, and adapt handling and service protocols.
• Training & Response Plan: Our business has a comprehensive plan in place for all COVID-19 scenarios in accordance with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national policy, with comprehensive team training and guest education procedures in place.
While ferries will still be operating daily, there have been modifications to the way we deliver our services to comply with all COVID guidelines and ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
SEALINK TRAVEL GROUP POLICY UPDATES
As part of the SeaLink Travel Group network of businesses across Australia, Fraser Island Ferry has adopted the following corporate policies across our business operations.
We have two primary commitments to you:
- Connecting people, sharing experiences and creating brilliant memories
- Ensuring the health and safety of all our customers and employees at all times.
Is it safe to travel in Australia?
We are following the advice of the health authorities and the Federal and State governments when making decisions about our vessels, cruises, tours, accommodation and operations.
According to the latest Australian Government guidelines, transit services are considered essential and are exempt from the limitations on gatherings of more than 100 people, however, we endeavour to provide 1.5 metres of separation where and when it is practical for us to do so and encourage passengers to adhere to these recommendations.
We will keep you informed of any changes that will impact your trip with us as soon as possible.
You should also keep up-to-date with the latest travel and health information from the Australian Government – visit www.health.gov.au or your state or territory government health department website for any additional controls.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department. Click here for more information.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
• Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
• Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
What happens if SeaLink Travel Group cancels my booking?
If the tourism experience you have purchased has been cancelled, we will offer either a:
• travel credit to the value of 100% to be spent at a time convenient to you
• full refund in accordance with the cancellation policy
What if I want to change my travel dates to later?
If your travel plans and existing booking is impacted by verified changes to government travel restrictions at the date of arrival, we will provide one free date amendment or credit, up to 48 hours prior to travel.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
If your upcoming travel plans and existing booking is impacted by verified changes to government travel restrictions at the date of arrival and you need to cancel altogether, we will provide one free date amendment or credit, up to 48 hours prior to travel. Cancellations between 24-48 hours will incur a 50% fee, and cancellations within 24 hours of travel will not qualify for a refund.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
We can't wait to welcome you back again soon to connect you with an experience that creates a brilliant lifelong memory.