LATEST UPDATES FOR TRAVEL TO FRASER ISLAND:
Access to Fraser Island is currently restricted to residents and all QPWS camping grounds, resorts, and accommodation facilities are closed. Ferry services are only running for essential services and the return of visitors to the mainland. If you have a barge booking, please call 1800 BARGES for schedule updates.
We are taking extra precautions to safeguard the health and safety of our guests.
We have implemented the following procedures across our business:
• Intensified Cleaning & Sanitation: We are using hospital grade disinfectant for regular cleaning of all high-touch surface areas on our ferries, tour buses and mainland reception areas, as well as periodic cleaning of the vessel throughout the day.
• Modified Business Operations: We have adopted current industry best practice to restrict contact of items between guests, supply sanitisers on each ferry, and adapt our handling and service protocols.
• Training & Response Plan: Our business has a comprehensive plan in place for all COVID-19 scenarios in accordance with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national policy, with comprehensive team and skipper training in place and guest education procedures.
• Flexible Terms & Conditions: We have updated our cancellation policies for new and existing bookings for all travel within 24-48 hours prior to all tours until 30th June.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
To put your mind at ease for your future travel to Fraser Island, we are offering a 50% refund on all ferry bookings, that are cancelled within 24-48 hours of departure.
As part of our commitment to our guests, this will apply to all bookings for travel until this date, regardless of the original terms & conditions of the package or deal you booked.
Additionally, our reservations team are on standby to assist with any questions you may have or reschedule your booking to a suitable time.
UPDATED TRAVEL POLICY
Please do not plan to travel to Fraser Island within 14 days of arriving from overseas, testing positive for Coronavirus, feeling unwell, or having been in previous contact with a diagnosed case of Coronavirus.
If there is any update to the current situation on Fraser Island or across our business that may affect your travel plans, we will contact you.
SEALINK TRAVEL GROUP POLICY UPDATES
As part of the SeaLink Travel Group network of businesses across Australia, Fraser Island Ferry has adopted the following corporate policies across our business operations.
We have two primary commitments to you:
- Connecting people, sharing experiences and creating brilliant memories
- Ensuring the health and safety of all our customers and employees at all times.
Is it safe to travel in Australia?
At this point, there has been no ban on travel within Australia (excluding non-essential travel to remote Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory).
We are following the advice of the health authorities and the Federal and State governments when making decisions about our vessels, cruises, tours, accommodation and operations.
According to the latest Australian Government guidelines, transit services are considered essential, and are exempt from the limitations on gatherings of more than 100 people, however we endeavour to provide 1.5 metres of separation where and when it is practical for us to do so and encourage passengers to adhere to these recommendations.
We will keep you informed of any changes that will impact your trip with us as soon as possible.
You should also keep up-to-date with the latest travel and health information from the Australian Government – visit www.health.gov.au or your state or territory government health department website for any additional controls.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department. Click here for more information.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
• Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
• Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
What happens if SeaLink Travel Group cancels my booking?
If the tourism experience you have purchased has been cancelled, we will offer either a:
• travel credit to the value of 100% to be spent at a time convenient to you
• full refund in accordance with the cancellation policy
What if I want to change my travel dates to later?
If you have an existing booking and were scheduled to travel between 18 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and you wish to change your travel dates, we will waive any amendment fees if you book your travel dates within 12 months of the original booked travel dates.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
If you are scheduled to travel between 18 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and want to cancel your booking altogether, you can either choose:
• 100% travel credit to use at a time that suits you within 12 months of the original booking.
• A refund in accordance with the cancellation policy will apply.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
We can't wait to welcome you back again soon to connect you with an experience that creates a brilliant lifelong memory.