In these terms and conditions, 'the Ticket holder' means the person to whom the ticket and/or booking was made and/or any person who is carried by virtue of the ticket. 'The Carrier' means Fraser Island Barges (FIB), including the carrier which accepts the booking and any of the carries agents, servants, representative or contractors.
All passengers, vehicles and goods are subject to the following conditions:
The Ticket holder shall at all times follow and carry out all lawful directions of the Master and crew of the vessel, particularly in relation to (but not limited to) your personal safety or that of other passengers. You are required to be seated when advised or requested to do so by the Master, for any reason.
Your vehicle must be securely parked and the hand brake applied to prevent movement. If you fail to do this you will be responsible for any consequent damage your vehicle may cause. You must accept directions of the Master or crew during loading and unloading of your vehicle/s.
- The Ticket holder must arrive not later then 15 minutes prior to the schedule departure time
- The Carrier is not a common carrier and reserves the right to refuse to carry any Ticket holder, luggage, goods and vehicles without assigning any reason
- The Carrier may cancel or vary any scheduled trip without notice
- The Carrier shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage (including personal injury) suffered by any person, as a result of breach of that person's safety obligations (as detailed in these conditions and/or as otherwise advised by the Master), or caused by any passenger acting in an unreasonable, unnecessary or unsafe manner
- All cargo is carried at owner's risk. Inflammable liquids (other than fuel in a vehicle's internal fuel tanks) may only be carried in containers approved by Australian Standards for this purpose to a maximum of 10 litres. All cargo carried on board is to be accompanied by owners. All persons are carried at their own risk
- Subject to clause below, the Carrier does not accept any liability for any claim whatsoever and howsoever incurred including but not limited to a claim for death, bodily injury, damage or loss of property (including vehicles) during embarkation and/or disembarkation to or from the vessel and/or at all times whilst onboard the vessel itself, or arising out of, or in any way connected to the provision of transport and other services to the Ticket holder (including claims for costs or losses resulting from cancellation of trips and or services, delay or rescheduling, substitution of means of transport, or any other change to the transport or services described in or covered by the booking), inaccuracies or errors in any information relation to transport, services or pricing
- To the extent permitted by law, our liability for a breach of any provisions of the contract of carriage or related obligations shall not exceed a refund of the cost of the resupply by the Carrier of the service in question
- Subject to clause above, if the Ticket holder wishes to make a claim against the Carrier in respect of the carriage of the Ticket holder, the Ticket holder's vehicle or goods, the Ticket holder must do so within two weeks of the date on which the carriage occurred or was scheduled to occur
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere on the vessel
- The Ticket holders booking, the related contract and the carriage or other services supplied pursuant to it shall be governed by the laws for the time being in force in the State of Queensland.
Refund Cancellation Policy
- Bookings cancelled more then 48 hours prior to departure will incur no cancellation fee
- Bookings cancelled between 24 hours to 48 hours prior to departure will incur a 50% cancellation fee
- Bookings cancelled less then 24 hours prior to departure or failure to board will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Non utilised components will not be refunded
- Published rates subject to change.